HolidayBuyer's Guide

Dell forum

General discussion

Can this Inspiron 15R run Crysis comfortably?

by TheUltimateCT / March 1, 2011 10:12 AM PST

So I need a new laptop. Just going to be using it for basic everyday stuff but I do want to be able to play Crysis. Currently using an Inspiron E1505 bought in '06. Love it. Built this one online tonight. I know it will do everything I need it to except I'm unsure of how well it'll run Crysis, it's the only game I'll probably play on it - and yes I am buying a laptop, I do NOT want a desktop.

Inspiron 15R
4GB RAM (Add $70 I can make it 6GB... would it be well worth it?)
Intel

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can this Inspiron 15R run Crysis comfortably?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can this Inspiron 15R run Crysis comfortably?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I'm going to write.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 1, 2011 11:01 AM PST
Collapse -
Thanks
by TheUltimateCT / March 2, 2011 1:12 AM PST
In reply to: I'm going to write.

Thank you for your info. Not a big computer person and I'm not much of a gamer either, but planned on getting Crysis 2 for my Xbox360 and figured if I need a new laptop anyway I might as well get one where I can check out the first Crysis too, lol. Even if I have to play it on low or medium that's fine... I know I'd have to spend like $2,000 to play on the highest setting. I've been told even on low the game looks incredible.

Collapse -
I had to pull back a little.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 2, 2011 5:39 AM PST
In reply to: Thanks

For a few days I'm on my tethered droid internet connection so I can't try the Crysis demo on my own Dell i15r with similar specs.

--->> I APOLOGIZE for not writing more about the 15r's LCD. I found it BARELY ACCEPTABLE. Be sure you inspect one before you buy. Also, consider the 599 buck Alienware at http://forums.cnet.com/7723-19680_102-517555.html

I'd like one of those.
Bob

Collapse -
by TheUltimateCT / March 2, 2011 11:27 AM PST

What about the screen did you not find acceptable? I can't see how it can be worse than my almost 5 year old Inspiron laptop - maybe you just got a bad one? I'd be customizing and buying from Dell.com. I did plan on going to the local best buy just to get an up close look at what they look like at least. I've always been pleased with Dell products and really am not even looking at other brands. I've priced Toshiba's and HP's but to be honest after going to their websites, Dell's customization options appear far superior and my whole family has always had excelled luck buying Dell computers.

Collapse -
I can see the issues on other models.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 2, 2011 11:35 AM PST
In reply to: Reply

The contrast ratio is barely acceptable. Same for viewing angles. You can see this at almost any place that sells the i15 and even the i14 models.

My old 2000 Acer ter-600 might have a better display.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.