HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

Can't view Blu-ray BD disks on Samsung HLN-5063 TV

by tomd0514 / October 25, 2008 9:35 PM PDT

I have a Hometheater PC with a LG Blu-ray DVD drive connected via DVI cable to my Samsung HLN DLP TV. When I try to play a Blu-ray DVD via PowerDVD or Arcsoft Total Media Theater players (both updated for HD content) I get an error that this combination doesn't support HDCP.

My video card states that it's capable of Blu-ray playback. Is there something that must be enabled in the Samsung tv to handle the HDCP handshake?

thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can't view Blu-ray BD disks on Samsung HLN-5063 TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can't view Blu-ray BD disks on Samsung HLN-5063 TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Blue ray playback
by Kees Bakker / October 25, 2008 9:43 PM PDT

Can tell more on the video card (make and model, settings) and can you tell what Samsung TV exactly? Might help to get a fast and correct answer.

Also the OS of your PC is important. Vista has some restrictions built in with HD content on external devices.

Kees

Collapse -
Re: Blue Ray Play back
by tomd0514 / October 29, 2008 2:05 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: Blue ray playback

My TV is a Samsung DLP HLP-5063WX/XAA. My hometheather PC is a HP Z558 Digital Entertainment system which is running Windows XP SP3 Media Center (problem occurs with or without Media Center running).

The video card is a KFA2 Galaxy 85GFE8HGFCXX PCI-X16 card which uses the Nvidia 8500GT chipset with 512MB ram. I got the card thru NewEgg and their Item #: N82E16814162004. I downloaded the latest drivers from the video card manufacturer's website and it displays high definition downloads and HD movies I ripped to the harddrive as an ISO image.

thanks for your help.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.