General discussion

Can't update JRE 6 ud 26

JRE downloads to the last second and then stops. Tried three different download sites but the same thing happens.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Can't update JRE 6 ud 26
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Can't update JRE 6 ud 26
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Need more info Basil

1. What is your operating system?
2. 32 bit or 64 bit?
3. Where are you trying to download from?
4. Are you trying download the offline or online version?
5. Are you positive that is is the correct version for "windows" that you are downloading? The list of options on the oracle/java site is long and it is very easy to get confused
6. Are you signing the agreement?
7. What happens when the download stops? Any error messages? Are you sure that it didn't download completely and is hiding somewhere on your computer?

- Collapse -
Same here

Same happened here. Had something like 40k remaining. I let it sit there for 2 or 3 minutes, and download completed. I have had this happen before on rare occasions, but have no idea why it happens.

- Collapse -
Got It !!!

Tried through the site roddy gave once again -no go. I finally downloaded the update through JRE in the control panel. Thanks for the input roddy. And thanks radean for your "you are not alone" message.

- Collapse -
This is fairly common Basil with

the java updates for a couple of days after the update has been released. I think their servers just get overloaded.

CNET Forums