1. What is your operating system?
2. 32 bit or 64 bit?
3. Where are you trying to download from?
4. Are you trying download the offline or online version?
5. Are you positive that is is the correct version for "windows" that you are downloading? The list of options on the oracle/java site is long and it is very easy to get confused
6. Are you signing the agreement?
7. What happens when the download stops? Any error messages? Are you sure that it didn't download completely and is hiding somewhere on your computer?
JRE downloads to the last second and then stops. Tried three different download sites but the same thing happens.