Samsung forum

General discussion

Can't turn off "In Movie Experience" - Batman Begins - P1500

by flamezrule / June 21, 2009 10:46 AM PDT

Hi,

I recently downloaded and installed the latest firmware (as of June 20, 2009) for the P1500 using the ethernet port in the player, and this upgraded to profile 2.0 giving BDlive capability.

With this now, this enables me to watch the Blu-Ray "In Movie Experience" (BDlive is a requirement for this feature) for Batman Begins. However, I have found that I cannot navigate to the disc menu, as the movie starts on its own, and I cannot turn OFF the "In Movie Experience" from the title menu which is able to pop up. Therefore, I cannot watch the movie without the PIP

I realize that I can probably avoid this by just removing the USB stick from the back of my machine as BDlive requires 1GB of memory, but to keep doing that would be a huge nuisance.

Any idea why the in movie experience cannot be turned off?

Thanks,

flamezrule

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can't turn off "In Movie Experience" - Batman Begins - P1500
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can't turn off "In Movie Experience" - Batman Begins - P1500
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
EDIT from above post
by flamezrule / June 21, 2009 3:00 PM PDT

*EDIT* from above

I realize it's not a BDlive feature, but this PIP is a bonusview feature.

In any case, the disc worked fine before I upgraded the firmware and now all of a sudden, I can't turn off the commentary to just watch the film.

Any help would be appreciated.

flamezrule

Collapse -
Can't turn off "In Movie Experience" - Batman Begins - P1500
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 21, 2009 6:17 PM PDT

flamezrule,

Were you able to watch that specific title before the update without the mandatory PIP feature?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Prior Viewing of the title
by flamezrule / June 22, 2009 3:49 AM PDT

Hi,

Previous viewings of the Batman Begins title never used to have the mandatory pip show up (and after I posted this, realized there was a bit of a thread where someone else had the same problem).

I posted also on that thread with the barcode of the title I own:
http://forums.cnet.com/5208-13973_102-0.html?messageID=3066081&tag=forums06;posts#3066081

So to just describe again, I can't turn off that pip feature, which I believe is a bonusview feature. This never used to be the case before the firmware upgrade to the present latest version as the Batman Begins title would play correctly, allowing access to the "disc menu" and where the "in movie experience" could be turned off.

Thanks,

flamezrule

Collapse -
samsung bluray
by swimerfl / August 10, 2009 12:03 PM PDT

i've had the same problem. i'm not sure if you were able to figure it out or not. i googled it to see if anyone else had the same problem or it was just me. in order to turn it the in movie experience off you have to turn it on even though its already on. then once it is on while the movie is playing you can turn it off and that will do the trick. wasted 30 minutes of my time to figure this out! hope this helped.

-matt

Collapse -
Thank You!
by Horsegag / September 13, 2009 12:45 PM PDT
In reply to: samsung bluray

I wanted to thank you for posting this. I had the same issue with Friday the 13th on my samsung. I saw your solution and tried it. Apparently, it works for other movies too. Thanks!

~Shane

Collapse -
Thank you.
by droidmacsamsung / September 4, 2011 11:56 AM PDT
In reply to: samsung bluray

I've been looking for a solution for this issue for a long time. Nothing worked until now! Thank you so much!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?