Samsung forum

General discussion

Can't the Internet@TV page to be interactive

by se1stephen / March 26, 2011 12:17 PM PDT

Just purchased a Samsung Blu-Ray Disc Player, BD-C5500. I cannot get past the Internet@TV page which appears to just be a dead link. The Network Status shows everything to be connected and signal strength is reported as excellent. There is a message on the Internet@TV page (superimposed over the middle of the page) which says: "Connect to the Internet and enjoy variety of contecnts through Internet@TV." This, to me, is an indication it isn't connected, and I have no clue how to proceed.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can't the Internet@TV page to be interactive
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can't the Internet@TV page to be interactive
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Can't the Internet@TV page to be interactive
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 26, 2011 2:28 PM PDT

se1stephen,

Was the unit purchased and being used in the United States?

Have you performed firmware update, either using USB thumb drive or by using the network update? Since I don't have much information here to troubleshoot with, I might recommend contacting the Samsung customer service center at 800-SAMSUNG for troubleshooting assistance.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Hey
by my-tech / March 27, 2011 1:12 AM PDT

Iknow network update is a convenient way to update devices but USB is the safest!

I've seen a few ppl get burned doing a update over the network,
I would always recommend downloading updates to your computer then use a USB stick
From ps3s /tvs/computers/phones you name it I've first hand seen failures bc they missed a byte or 2
over the network. Even when you update through a computer I ALWAYS DOWNLOAD 1st then update.

Collapse -
download
by photopaint2 / March 29, 2011 7:09 AM PDT
In reply to: Hey

How did you do that? I downloaded firmware and it goes to a zip file which my windows file does not recognize.Help much appreciated. Get this spoke with a cust serv rep who stated that they haven't received any complaints on the c6500.

Collapse -
Internet@tv
by photopaint2 / March 27, 2011 9:23 AM PDT

Hi, I had the services (facebook, netflix, etc) and as of yesterday nothing. The same problem as you; stuck on download. Called customer service, chatted online...absolutely no help. I wish us both a breakthrough...I really loved netflix.

Collapse -
Ditto
by ScottInOKC / March 29, 2011 1:13 AM PDT
In reply to: Internet@tv

I'm having the same problem. My Internet@TV worked just fine yesterday, this morning not so much. Tells me I have to activate it, any attempt to do so just results in a hung download/install.

Collapse -
Fixed
by ScottInOKC / March 29, 2011 1:42 AM PDT
In reply to: Ditto

I called Samsung support, the gentleman walked me through resetting the device and I'm back up and running now. I don't know what caused the problem, but I know how to fix it Happy

Collapse -
BD C6500
by photopaint2 / March 29, 2011 4:50 AM PDT

Hi; same problem was working fine then lost all apps. Called contacted customer service 3x. Finally today spoke with tech. I was given impression it is a firmware problem although they didn't come right out and say it. Anyway; they suggested I send back to repair center and will replace with another BD player.
Pray your situation will be resolved soon. Mine too for that matter. I'm losing out on my free 30-day netflix subscription.

Collapse -
Can't connect to internet
by jajcullen / March 30, 2011 2:42 AM PDT

I am having the exact problem. I have called Samsung three times and got no resolution. They told me that the bluray was not purchased in the US - I bougt it at Sam's Club. They suggested I return it and exchange for a new player.

I did that set it up and got the same darn message! "Connect to the internet and enjoy a variety of content through Intrnet@TV This feature may not be available in some countries".

I have never had a problem with Samsung but I am returning both the blu ray player and wireless card ASAP.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?