Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

can't send e-mail

by daf07 / February 27, 2010 2:12 PM PST

when trying to send an e-mail, my system goes through thr process, but the e-mail is never sent. what should i do?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: can't send e-mail
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: can't send e-mail
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Any error messages?
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / February 27, 2010 10:26 PM PST
In reply to: can't send e-mail

Also;

"Note: If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem"

Mark

Collapse -
Tell us a bit about HOW you are attempting ...
by Edward ODaniel / February 28, 2010 10:04 AM PST

to send the email.

Generally your email client has to be opened and the emails are then sent as it is configured to send them.

How you configure the client depends on the client but sadly you have failed to tell us about your email client, your OS, how you are attempting to send, what computer this happens on (your own or someone elses or a public terminal somewhere).

You have to help us help you.

Collapse -
can't send e-mail
by Grandpaof5 / March 2, 2010 10:42 PM PST

If you can't send e-mail, I have found that it's probably your ISP. A quick call just may solve your problem. Call your ISP and explain to them the problems you are having and if you're lucky enough, they may have a fix for you.

Collapse -
Are you using Norton?
by Shepbob / March 3, 2010 3:58 AM PST

A friend had the same problem pop up. Removed her Norton anti-virus and problem fixed.

Collapse -
can't send e-mail
by daf07 / March 4, 2010 12:23 AM PST

when trying to send an e-mail, my system goes through thr process, but the e-mail is never sent. what should i do? my system is a gateway ds300 using windows xp

Collapse -
Can't send email
by Cecil Armstrong / March 4, 2010 1:43 AM PST

A friend of mine had the same problem, and after I empty all of his send mail, and his in box it worked just find. Also make sure all of the deleted items are removed. They only allow you so much space. Hope that this will help.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?