Resolved Question

Can't remove date/time from Sony DSC WX50 Movies

I have a Sony DSC WX50 digital camera and I can't get the date stamp to turn off on the video.
I have turned it off for still photos, but can't find the option to turn it off for video. It is not addressed in the manual. I am using AVC HD setting, if that matters.
Any help would be great. This is driving me crazy.

Discussion is locked
chickenst has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Follow
Reply to: Can't remove date/time from Sony DSC WX50 Movies
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Can't remove date/time from Sony DSC WX50 Movies
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

Best Answer

- Collapse -
Date printing
- Collapse -
Subtitle

Thanks, Snap.

After finding this out, I started to question the movie player, instead of the camera. Apparently, the date/time is recorded as a subtitle and that was clicked on in the player. The time was the actual record time, so it does obviously record it, but does so as a subtitle.

Anyway, the mystery is now solved and maybe this will help someone else.

Thanks, again...

- Collapse -
Thanks for the feedback

It's good to hear that you found the source of the problem.

- Collapse -
Answer
Lot Simpler than you'd think...

Its hidden in the menus. Turn on the camera and set it as if you were going to take photos. Now go through these items from the back of the camera:

Select the "MENU" button.
>>>>> Select "Settings" (this is the one that looks like a fat suitcase)
>>>>>>>>>>>Select "Shooting Settings" This is the one that looks like a camera with a wrench)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Select "Write Date" (Scroll down to this and select (on or off).

Of course, you'll want to select "Off" if you don't want to have the date and time on every picture you take. I personally don't like it on my photos. Besides, your pictures will always carry that information on the EXIF data that goes with the photo if you should ever need to know that. Check out the properties one day. Happy

And if you ever want to have that on every photo, go ahead and go through the menu and select "on" in the last step. Simple now...

Enjoy.

CNET Forums