Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

General discussion

Can't Receive Netscape Mail

by onefinger / February 2, 2004 4:29 AM PST

I use Netscape Mail via Netscape 7.0, on a computer running Win98SE. Everything was fine until today when suddenly, for no apparent reason, I couldn't receive mail. I did or changed nothing since the last successful import of mail. Didn't even turn off the computer. One minute it was fine; then it wasn't.

What now happens is that when I open Mail, I get notification that "there are 3 new messages". I then click on the "Get Msgs" icon. The wavy activity bar at the lower right portion of the screen then shows activity, and the message "Receiving message 1 of 3" appears at the bottom. The progress bar then starts, gets to about 1 tenth across and then stops. No messages arrive.

I've tried closing and re-opening Mail. I re-booted a couple of times. I cleared the memory and disk caches. No help. I contacted my ISP (Verizon) who walked me through my server and account settings. All are as they're supposed to be.

I can send mail and it goes through (tested it using my other email account). The browser otherwise works fine; I can visit any website I choose, although I haven't yet tried a download to see if that'll come in.

Can somebody please shed some light on what's causing this inability to receive mail, and what I can do to correct it? Thank you.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can't Receive Netscape Mail
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can't Receive Netscape Mail
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:Can't Receive Netscape Mail
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 2, 2004 5:03 AM PST

Given the DOOM virus and more, you should call the ISP and give them a chance to tell you if their mail server needed a reboot too.

You did call them?

And I'm not writing you have the virus, just that too many other people have it and mail servers are a little too busy.

Collapse -
Re:Can't Receive Netscape Mail
by brian57 / February 22, 2004 6:52 PM PST

This happened to me once with Netscape, and I found out the that first e-mail I was trying to download was HUGE (10+ MB). My connection to the internet was slow enough so that I could never get through the download. I fixed this by going to my ISPs website and viewing my e-mail through them (without downloading it). I just deleted it, and from then on things worked fine.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.