Computer Help forum

General discussion

Can't print online email manufacturer coupons

by bepperson / April 8, 2006 4:02 AM PDT

Windows '98
Netscape 7.1

Recently, whenever I receive emails with coupons as a part of the message, I can print only the text that is not actually a part of the coupon. Usually the coupon is set in a box that separates it from the text above and below the actual coupon. When I check print preview, the entire email appears, but when I print a blank space appears where the coupon text should be. I assume that I need to adjust some setting, but I have no idea what it must be or why it began to happen. Any suggestions? I'm desperate!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can't print online email manufacturer coupons
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can't print online email manufacturer coupons
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: printing coupons
by Kees Bakker / April 8, 2006 5:15 AM PDT

Mccamp,

Nice to read that even Netscape sometimes gives problems. So many people here can only blame IE.

Things to try:
- use IE to print the coupon
- (re)install latest printer driver
- try another printer

What surely should work:
- Print Screen (might be shift-printscreen), then run Paint and paste the screenprint into it. Then select only the coupon (with the mouse after clicking the select box), copy, File>New, paste (you've got only the coupon now on the screen) and print from Paint.

Hope this helps.

Kees

Collapse -
Try this...
by John.Wilkinson / April 8, 2006 11:29 AM PDT

Before printing a coupon, try going File->Page Setup, and on the Format & Options tab, check the box next to Print Background (Colors and Images). My guess would be that the coupon is am image that's not being printed as a result of that setting.

Hope this helps,
John

Collapse -
printing coupon problem continues
by bepperson / April 9, 2006 12:12 AM PDT
In reply to: Try this...

Thanks, but this failed too. Any other takers? I think it's some setting that turned itself off, but for the life of me, I can't figure out which. HELP!!!!

Collapse -
Do I understand correctly ...
by Kees Bakker / April 9, 2006 4:13 AM PDT

that the MS Paint method I suggested fails? You can't print a .bmp file if that .bmp file contains a coupon. But you can print it if it contains any other picture? That's weird. Please tell more.

Kees

Collapse -
can't print coupons
by bepperson / April 9, 2006 9:22 AM PDT

Have discovered that this must be a Netscape issue, as I can print using Internet Explorer. Does that help at all?

And just to be sure that I understand your original suggestion: was it to copy and paste? If that is what you meant, it didn't work.

Collapse -
Re: printing coupons
by Kees Bakker / April 9, 2006 5:32 PM PDT
In reply to: can't print coupons

Glad you got it partially solved, by printing in IE. Nothing wrong with that, I should say. That was my suggestion, so when you said that Grif's advice didn't work TOO, I couldn't follow it any more.

If you reread my post, you'll see that it was screenprint and paste, not copy and paste. But I'm sure using IE is better.

Kees

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.