Question

Can't open pictures

I have an HP computer with Windows 7. I took some pictures with my cell phone, which I then sent to my computer, but they won't open all the way. I can see just the top of most of the pictures, but some I can't see at all. When I tried to open a couple of them, it said "Windows Photo Viewer doesn't support this file format or you don't have the latest updates to Photo Viewer." I've tried researching on my own, but I can't figure out what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Can't open pictures
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Can't open pictures
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
pictures damaged?

pictures damaged? try another computer, Happy

- Collapse -
Answer
Can't open pictures

The pictures look fine when I look at them on my phone. They just won't open on my computer, and I don't have another computer to try. Please forgive my ignorance on this matter, because i'm not great when it comes to these things. Is there another picture-viewing software that I could possibly try?

Dawn

- Collapse -
Photo software

Download Picasa and give that a shot, free download many use it. I am sort of wondering how you saved the pics to the camera, did you (am assuming you did) save them to the camera chip/card? Some when transferring pictures remove the card and do a transfer from it rather than to try to link camera to computer. the issue with that is since MOST cameras use a micro SD card, you'd have to get an adapter and have the availability of a card reader in the system (computer) or purchase an aftermarket card reader from a box store. First things first, download Picasa and see how that does, if not go from there and look into doing a card transfer as I mentioned. Good luck!

- Collapse -
Photo software

Hi: I got a card reader, because I was told that I should do that to back up my music on my phone anyway, and it worked! I didn't even think of that as a possibility. Thank you so much. I have my pictures now!!

CNET Forums