Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Computer Help forum

General discussion

Can't login to Facebook via Internet Explorer

by southdownsman / February 28, 2014 12:34 AM PST

For some reason today I have been unable to login to Facebook via IE11. Other sites seem ok and there is no problem in accessing Facebook through Firefox.

Any ideas or solutions please

Discussion is locked
Collapse -
Keep in mind I don't use IE11 for security reasons.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 28, 2014 12:40 AM PST
Collapse -
You could try clearing the browser cache
by wpgwpg / February 28, 2014 12:52 AM PST

although I like the excellent advise you got from Bob. IE is buggy so most knowledgeable folks avoid it for everything except Windows updates. Firefox & Chrome work fine for me.

Collapse -
Thanks
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 28, 2014 12:56 AM PST

But I want to clear up any misconception here. I think MSFT has worked very hard on IE but there are a few issues that dog IE and MSFT.

1. They can change and expect the world to accommodate what they changed.
2. SECURITY. While they have done better the problem is that it's THE TARGET when it comes to security. If you are a bad person you would target IE first.

For me it's easy to stay out of the line of fire by using something else. Let everyone else take the bullets.
Bob

Collapse -
IE 11
by pgc3 / February 28, 2014 3:42 AM PST

I agree with all who posted, IE 11 gets goofy, been there done that. You can roll back IE to the earlier version and then it generally becomes usable, no guarantees, I said, generally.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!