General discussion

Can't login?

I tried to login to my user account by clicking on my user icon and was told "THE USER PROFILE SERVICE FAILED TO LOGIN. USER PROFILE CANNOT BE LOADED" Does anyone know why it's shut me out and how can I fix it so I can gain access to my stuff? FYI, I was able to login using either my "Wifes" login or "Guest" but not mine? It was working just fine ealier today? Again, any help?

Much appreciated,

Daniel

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Can't login?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Can't login?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
That's the old corrupt profile issue.

Not to repeat the long discussions but let's get to the files.

In another admin capable account TAKE OWNWERSHIP of the other user's files. Google VISTA TAKE OWNERSHIP and use the article you like.

Also, Microsoft and others have yet to create a tool to fix corrupt profiles. Microsoft continues with the same advice which is to create a new account and copy the users files to the new account. Here's an EXAMPLE article -> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

You can research this more on google with VISTA CORRUPT PROFILE.
Bob

- Collapse -
Vista Corrupted User Profile Fix
- Collapse -
"You will need to create a new profile, and then copy the

"You will need to create a new profile, and then copy the files from the existing profile to the new one.

To create a new user profile"

Sorry but how does that fix the old profile? It reads like the old Microsoft articles about copying to a new profile and does not fix the old profile.
Bob

- Collapse -
Old profile not coming up?

Well, a couple of things............ First, I opened a new user profile just like the instructions said, so now in the login screen I show my old login account icon, my new login account icon plus one more account. Ok everything was going smooth until we reached instruction #5.... When I go to C:\User\old user acount, it shows all the ather accounts except my old account? How can I copy the file and paste them to my new user account if the old account isn't listed? Again, in the user login account my old named account is there, but not in C:\users

Anything else we can try?

- Collapse -
Here's a puzzle.

CNET Forums