Question

Can't Install Lion on Macbook Pro

Hi

I have a 13inch macbook pro (early 2011) which suffered mild water damage. I cleaned the whole logic board, and no major damage seems to be done.
I currently use the original hard drive as an external hard drive, and formatted it since I did not need any data on it.

I am trying to install lion on my Macbook Pro using a CD and bootable USB I created when buying Lion from the appstore and I have used it in the past.So I know it works.
Problem is when I try and boot of it I do not get past the Apple Logo with the spinning gear and white background?
Just for the sake of it, I tried to install Windows on it and it worked and runs properly
Any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated with getting Lion installed?

I tried starting up the Mac in verbose mode and got the message. It stops at this message.
Apple.....Ethernet: 0 0 setFixed Speed - logic error -speed any?

Thanks

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Can't Install Lion on Macbook Pro
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Can't Install Lion on Macbook Pro
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
I would try with another copy of Mac OS X installation disc

Just because it worked before, is not guarantee that it is functioning correctly now.

Of course, the water damage may be more than you realize.

P

- Collapse -
If so

I have tried tried another copy of Mac OSX, including another Snow Lepoard Disk and no luck. If you think water damage may be the problem, do you know what the message mentioned in post one means?

- Collapse -
The clue is "- logic error"

This is a catch all error that something unexpected happened with the board or part. As with water damage you're never sure what fails and since there is no one repairing boards you get get a new board.
Bob

- Collapse -
Thanks Bob, was wondering what that meant,

As mentioned before, strange enough the laptop works with Windows, but I am guessing that is because the boot startup process is a bit different?

- Collapse -
Yup.

Different OS, different drivers, etc. Unless you were on the code team, you will never know.

CNET Forums