Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Can't find and I know 'tis here.....somewhere

by michhala / April 8, 2006 7:56 AM PDT

A few days back there was a thread that began with a post re Automatic LU version 3.0.0.160 and running it in Interactive instead of Express. Either Marianna or Donna replied -- I have looked in Search and on their individual post lists and cannot locate.......sooooo can someone point this blonde in the right direction? My thanks.

MIki

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can't find and I know 'tis here.....somewhere
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can't find and I know 'tis here.....somewhere
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
MIki
by tomron / April 8, 2006 9:36 AM PDT
Collapse -
Is this IT
by michhala / April 8, 2006 10:47 AM PDT
In reply to: MIki

Hi Tom -- no don't think this is IT Happy Thanks for going to the trouble to look for me, but the version discussed in thread/post I am looking for is LiveUpdate 3.0.0.160 which was released very recently and seems to be a bit buggy. The posts would have to be dated 2006 March or April methinks. I went through tons of old threads thinking the post I am looking for might have tagged on to one of them, but had no luck.

Perhaps either Marianna or Donna will remember, because one of them posted the information about configuring automatic Live Update as a reply to someone who could not get his to work other than in Express.....he wanted Interactive.

Miki

Collapse -
Miki... It was NOT me......
by Marianna Schmudlach / April 8, 2006 11:24 AM PDT
In reply to: Is this IT

must have been Donna. I already searched under her name but I can't find anything Sad

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) My thanks, Marianna-perhaps I saw it in a dream :)
by michhala / April 8, 2006 12:32 PM PDT
Collapse -
It was not that version Miki
Collapse -
Reply to Donna--It was not that verson Miki
by michhala / April 9, 2006 7:56 AM PDT

Hi Donna -- I believe I solved one of the problems, and it was from reading the post that cannot be found, which I thought came from you or Marianna.

The original poster?a main issue was that he could not get his LU 3.0.0.160 scheduler to stay in Interactive mode. Although it was checked off, it kept going back to Express.

The ?mystery moderator? replied with some config suggestions and mentioned her/his own personal scheduling on LU, which was, I believe, every 4 hours. This means that the ?mystery moderator? used Norton.

Automatic LiveUpdate generates events that can be viewed using the Windows Event Viewer. I went through several days of LU errors every few minutes in Event Viewer Applications. After reading the ?moderator?s? reply to original post, I changed my scheduling of auto LU to every 12 hours and this appears to have stopped the Event Viewer errors. I am in the habit of checking Symantec?s site for updates myself every morning and not accustomed to such an ?energetic? LU.

Rather than make this post more confusing, I will come back at another time and begin a new thread with any unresolved questions about configuring NIS to match LU and InternetOptions/Connectivity.

My thanks?..Miki

Collapse -
This might shed some light
by PudgyOne / April 8, 2006 11:49 AM PDT
Collapse -
Rick - This might shed some light
by michhala / April 8, 2006 12:34 PM PDT

Thank you so much, Rick....but it is still dark. Appreciate your effort.

Miki

Collapse -
Miki, Here is the readme text for that
by roddy32 / April 8, 2006 12:25 PM PDT
Collapse -
to Roddy-=Miki, Here is the readme text for that
by michhala / April 8, 2006 12:42 PM PDT

Roddy -- thank you, but the readme does not help. So sorry to put y'all out -- methinks it would have been easier on everyone if I just started another thread; but I am troubleshooting a few things here with my NIS 2005 and the Live Update ver 3.0.0.160, so I have not yet got it all together.

I do appreciate your help and input.

Miki

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.