HolidayBuyer's Guide

Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

can't download anything in Netscape 7.1

by sonja77 / November 1, 2003 3:22 AM PST

Hi, I can't download anything anymore with Netscape, no programs (if I click on "download" nothing happens), no online pics (if I right click on "save image as" the save image box comes up and I can select where to save it and when I click on "save" the box closes and nothing happens), same thing when I try to save a pic from Netscape Mail to the hard drive.
Everything works fine in IE.
I'm running Windows XP.

TIA, Sonja

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: can't download anything in Netscape 7.1
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: can't download anything in Netscape 7.1
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:can't download anything in Netscape 7.1
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 1, 2003 4:11 AM PST

Try System Restore to a day it worked.

Bob

Collapse -
Same problems with Netscape 7.1 and solved them both.
by Rosalie / November 1, 2003 9:50 AM PST

I had these same two problems with N7.1. The "Save Image As" I solved by reloading Netscape.

As for the Download Program problem, at first I copied and pasted the URL into IE and got the download dialog box that way. However, I found that using the Netscape download manager solved the problem a lot better.

Go to Preferences then Navigator then Downloads and tic "open the download manager when starting a download". That puppy pops right up every time and if you forget where you put a download the Download Manger will give you the path to it.

Collapse -
Re:Same problems with Netscape 7.1 and solved them both.
by Ben / November 1, 2003 11:48 PM PST

With XP, If you have problems with uninstalling/installing Netscape 7.1.

snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.netscape7.windows

The above Newsgroup can help with Netscape problems.

Make sure you FIRST back up your email, bookmarks, and email address book to a different file, as a backup IF needed.

Make sure you have downloaded the version of Netscape or Mozilla you need to reinstall, BEFORE you uninstall your browser.

I found that when I uninstallED Netscape, I needed to Uninstall using Control Panel. Then do SEARCH for all Netscape files, Mozilla files and GRE, deleting all of them. Then reboot the computer before trying to reinstall.

I also found that Mozilla 1.5, works better for me than Netscape 7.1.

Ben

Collapse -
Re: Same problems with Netscape 7.1 and solved them both.
by Eileen / September 8, 2004 6:39 AM PDT

Hi, I was just wondering if you have upgraded to Netscape Navigator 7.2 and have had any problems getting it to open?
I use both Internet Explorer (and up until recently) Netscape Navigator ...
I can't get the program to open. It downloaded and installed okay..but it won't open. (And yes I have upgraded to the Windows XP Service Pack 2..) could that be causing the problem or should I be thinking about checking my firewalls and internet security settings, etc.
Let me know if you can offer even an educated guess.
(I have also posted a similar post at Microsoft.com Windows XP/Internet Newsgroups forums....

Thanks,
Eileen
elmankinen@yahoo.com

Collapse -
"problems"
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 8, 2004 6:52 AM PDT

You added to a post that is from last year and exposed your email in a PUBLIC FORUM.

You may want to ask this post be removed.

Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.