Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Can't delete print job

by abee / December 31, 2004 5:35 PM PST

I am printing a 50MB MS Publisher file from a XP machine to a hp inkjet and the print job hangs - why I don't know - any ideas of how to overcome this.

I can't deelte / cancel the job nor can I delete the printer and so re-install it again. I have tried rebooting the PC and powering up the printer again. How can I get rid of the hung job so I can print to my printer again?

Thank You

Abee

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can't delete print job
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can't delete print job
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
when it happens to me
by jonah jones / December 31, 2004 5:54 PM PST
In reply to: Can't delete print job

i click "cancel printing"
unplug the printer
click "resume printing"
and when the error box comes up, i start over Sad

i also found out that if it's a big print out, it's best to let the printer "hog" the PC...

jonah

Collapse -
Can't delete print job
by cycling-rod / January 1, 2005 12:18 AM PST
Collapse -
Delete Printer Job
by abee / January 1, 2005 2:13 PM PST

Sorry no go - I have already tried this

Collapse -
when it happends to me...
by spy HH / January 1, 2005 4:26 AM PST

when this happened to me when i was about to print a 30mb doc. the printer stop cause i needed to load more paper; i have a deskjet 3535 but they are sometimes the same things, cause the software is HP.

that's my story, but yours it's similar, so try this:

unplug the printer's USB cable from printer and re-plug it.

let the machine do the print job and when it's about to begin, and the print status dialog box appear, cancel the print job.

hope th is helps:)

HH

Collapse -
Try
by Papa Echo / January 1, 2005 9:01 PM PST

disconnecting (disconnect, not merely power off) the printer. Then reboot before canceling print job or uninstalling the printer. Also try doing so in Safe Mode.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.