Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Can't Connect to Youtube on Ipod Touch

by Grodent87 / December 12, 2007 8:21 AM PST

I have an iPod touch and am not able to connect to the built in app for youtube. However, I am able to access Safari and load web pages. The message that comes up simply says "cannot connect to youtube". Any ideas? Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can't Connect to Youtube on Ipod Touch
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can't Connect to Youtube on Ipod Touch
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) Anyone?
by Grodent87 / December 18, 2007 8:23 AM PST
Collapse -
Head to some Apple store and try it there.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 18, 2007 8:46 AM PST
In reply to: Anyone?

Stumper given only what's in your post.

Collapse -
I'd say that the wireless network
by tleMega / December 18, 2007 10:25 AM PST

would direct you to a security page, but if Safari works, this may not be the case. Either the Touch is faulty, the Tube has had some QT problems, or the network you're on is faulty. Most likely it's the app itself.

Have you tried it on different Wi-Fi signals?

Collapse -
I have tried
by Grodent87 / December 19, 2007 12:40 PM PST

connecting to many networks but the same result happens every time. I have no idea what to do.

Collapse -
Then it must be some sort of app failure.
by tleMega / December 19, 2007 12:54 PM PST
In reply to: I have tried

I suggest taking it to your local Genius Bar and have them run a test on it. Or you could try restoring the software on it. You didn't by any chance try to modify anything on it did you (like "jailbreaking")? Anyway, this is odd. I've never had problems with that app.

Take it to Apple if restoring doesn't work or you've tried already. Maybe while in Safari, something may have hopped on... It's possible but unlikely I suppose.

Let us know what Apple says.
-BMF

Collapse -
Fix...
by Bum0nTheRun / January 10, 2008 12:12 PM PST

Not sure if you solved this yet, but I had the same problem. Check the date and time on your ipod. Mine was mysteriously set to the future and that caused me to be unable to connect.

Collapse -
Thank you so much
by DavidNBerg / April 9, 2008 10:52 PM PDT
In reply to: Fix...

I had the same problem with UTube on my iPod. Thank you so much for the easy fix. I changed the date and time to the present and got right in.

Collapse -
Thank you! Your solution fixed the prob. w/ itouch I have!
by akaul9 / May 2, 2009 11:43 PM PDT

Thank you! Your solution fixed the prob. w/ itouch I have!

Collapse -
It Worked! Set correct time and date to get youtube!
by chase427 / May 20, 2009 3:47 AM PDT

Thanks, your idea worked perfectly. My Itouch was set to a future date and time. As soon as I corrected that I was able to watch youtube. Thanks!

Collapse -
CANNOT CONNECT TO YOUTUBE IPOD TOUCH - THE ANSWER 100%
by OG LO / May 19, 2008 8:28 PM PDT

I have the answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All it is, is the time & date settings!It usually will config to something year 2000!

Make sure you change the date to the current date and time in order for youtube to work!

I have this problem took me a week to solve!

100% GUARANTEED THE ANSWER!!!!!!!

Collapse -
Enabling Youtube
by Dun3rid3r / March 29, 2009 10:27 AM PDT

Ok this is what you have to do,
-First check if you have wifi
-then open youtube on your computer
-connect your ipod
-open (date and time) in general setting on ipod
-change the year to anything after 2030
-go to youtube app and open
-it is probably going to say cannot connect to youtube
-go back to (date and time) in general setting and change to 2009
-there you go, it should work now.

Collapse -
Cannot connect to you tube in Itouch
by Lexie29 / April 14, 2009 2:04 PM PDT

Thank you, thank you. All I needed was to reset the date and time and my you tube is back!

Collapse -
connecting to utube
by thescout / August 14, 2008 9:04 AM PDT

Had same problem. Easy solve. You have to plug Ipod to computer and register it with Itunes. That sould do it.

Collapse -
the real fix
by Tha KIID / May 12, 2009 12:27 PM PDT
In reply to: connecting to utube

hey i work for apple the fix wouldn't be registering it but syncing it will also bring over the date and time from computer

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?