General discussion

Can't change WM 6.1 wallpaper

OK, so you know how you can select an image in your album and set as home wallpaper? I did that, and now anytime I try to change it I get an error saying "cannot set image as wallpaper". I can go through Settings, Home Screen and choose a new theme, but if I pick any other background image other than "DEFAULT" I get the old image I set as home wallpaper.

Any ideas? Registry hack?

Thanks,
Ed

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Can't change WM 6.1 wallpaper
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Can't change WM 6.1 wallpaper
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Two ideas.

1. The wallpaper is not in the right format, size or other. Not an offer to dissect why.
2. We need a skinner like SPB http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/
3. The device is locked in some odd way.

Sorry but just ideas and not an offer to dissect this.
Bob

- Collapse -
Can't change WM 6.1 wallpaper

If i got you right,you have problem with transparency...run default WM picture viewer,if you can't find it in start>programs look in windows folder for an app called "pimg", run it, find picture you want...hold stylus on the picture until menu appears or press right softkey select "set as today background..." after that set transparency to 0% and hit ok....you have a opaque wallpaper

peddu

Message was edited by: admin to remove signature link which is prohibited in these forums.

- Collapse -
Fixed!

Thanks, the last recommendation was the solution. You MUST use the PIMG (Pictures and Videos) app to set it, not the ALBUM app.

Thanks for the help!

CNET Forums

Forum Info