Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

General discussion

Can't change Email password on Seamonkey mail

by bently / January 20, 2010 11:45 PM PST

Using Win XP SP3, Seamonkey v 2.0.2

Installed a new modem and had to set new password.

Now I can not access Seamonkey email or newsgroups because of incorrect password for email. (Can not access Seamonkey newsgroup for help.)

AT&T will hot help on Seamonkey email.

I googled for info on changing "Seamonkey email password" and not able to find anything useful.

Can anyone walk me thru the steps to change the password so I can access my email in Seamonkey? Or direct me to a site where info is available.

Thanks very much,

Ben

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can't change Email password on Seamonkey mail
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can't change Email password on Seamonkey mail
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Strange
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / January 21, 2010 4:44 AM PST

I would not have thought that changing a modem would cause problems like that. The modem just communicates between the computer and your ISP, so it is not interested in passwords and such like.

Or do you mean a router?

Also, I have used Seamonkey myself before but I never used its email software. However, I assume that it is like Netscape's Communicator email software, such as the Seamonkey browser is based on Netscape's browser.

I can't see why changing a modem would affect email and newsgroup settings.

I would treat Seamonkey's email the same as Netscape's Communicator, and look for email setup for that, eg;
http://www.directoryone.com/support/email/CIH/netscape_communicator_email.htm

But in addition I would check AT&Ts web site Help and Support for their email and newsgroup setup advice. Most good ISPs have guidance on the web sites.

Mark

Collapse -
Its a combo
by bently / January 22, 2010 4:07 AM PST
In reply to: Strange

Thanks Mark,

Actually it is a "2-wire, modem/router". Didn't think of it being a combo when I posted my message. I had to setup a new password when I installed the new modem/router according to AT&T tech.

I will check the link you gave and see if I can make it work//

Appreciate the reply.

Ben

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?