Since this has been off and on, I have changed things and it started working, only to find it randomly stop later. (first was windows firewall...disabled and everything was fine when I switched to zonelarm...then disabling ipv6 worked for a bit...) I tried something else tonight, which was to mess with my router settings. There is an option to put your computer on the network outside the router, which I did. That seems to work fine! But...I don't want to leave my computer on the net outside my router.....
Anyone know how to set it up to trick the computer or router into thinking it's outside the network without it actually being so?
My router is a D-Link WBR-210 (build A1), and I have the newest firmware 1.05.
My computer is running windows vista home premium 32 bit, and is as up to date as possible on all drivers/windows updates.
For some reason I can't access https sites any longer. 9 times out of ten it hangs and then gives up.
Sometimes it does work just like it always does.
Also, the other two computers on my network (both run XP SP3) access just fine, it is only my computer running vista that I'm having trouble with.
This happens with mozilla 3.0, IE7, Chrome. I thought it had something to do with an ipv6 conflict, I disabled, and everything seemed fine for 2 days and then stopped working again.
I have disabled windows defender, my firewall, my AV software, run adaware, spybot, tried system restore, ensured all the SSL boxes are checked in browsers (I don't think it is browser-specific because it happens with all of them)....nothing seems to be working.
I can't figure this out!