Samsung forum

Question

can somone help me repair my 42 inch plasma please?

by LongneckTech / November 20, 2013 6:00 AM PST

i have a 42" plasma tv sat here. the original fault was that there were red lines and dots on the screen. so i opened the back and saw that 16 caps needed replacing. so i obviously replaced all of the caps. i then tested the thing and it just came up with a blank screen. i turned off and on again and saw that the blue light flashed 5 times and then turned off. when i read up on this it said to change caps?? looked at the y main board and a few of the green 2A fuses needed replacing. so i did and i still get the 5 blinks and no picture. please help, thankyou

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: can somone help me repair my 42 inch plasma please?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: can somone help me repair my 42 inch plasma please?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Sorry no.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 20, 2013 6:01 AM PST

But did you head to samsungparts.com to see if there was a service manual?

Your post appears to read as if you are trying to repair this without the manual.
Bob

Collapse -
i did look at one
by LongneckTech / November 20, 2013 6:14 AM PST
In reply to: Sorry no.

i have looked at the service manual, all the voltages seem to be right. just not sure why its not displaying

Collapse -
Then it should have a diagnostic tree.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 20, 2013 6:20 AM PST
In reply to: i did look at one

And show what board to replace next. Sometimes you encounter a TV the owner has been inside and it gets messy as you have to replace boards and cables. Sometimes you have to write BER (beyond economical repair) if it requires too many parts or they made too big a mess inside.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!