Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Can someone please tell me how to print a list of song title

by leodud / May 13, 2006 11:29 AM PDT

Hi,
My name is Leo, I have a lot of music in my computer (about 30,000 mp3 files) it has been driving me crazy trying to print out a list of song titles. When opening a folder in my music I use the Details tab to view a list of songs in that folder, I would like to print out that list as it shows on my screen. I have tried the alt + print screen keys then pasting it into word or paint and am not happy with that result. I am running windows windows XP and using windows media player 10.
Can you point me in the right direction ?
Thanks, Leo

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can someone please tell me how to print a list of song title
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can someone please tell me how to print a list of song title
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
try this Leo
by rabeck4 / May 30, 2006 8:20 AM PDT

Hi

you need to access Command Prompt
enter Dir (filepath of your mp3 files)
print Dir
try and tell me what happens, may need adjusting.

Tam

Collapse -
Hi Tam, thanks for your reply, but don't seem to work.
by leodud / June 1, 2006 12:47 PM PDT
In reply to: try this Leo

Hi Tam,
I guess the problem here is that I have never worked with Dos, or command prompt, so it is possible I do not know how to enter the print command, the file path I do know.
If you can Help I would sure appreciate it.
Thanks Leo

Collapse -
DOS
by rabeck4 / June 4, 2006 7:50 AM PDT

If you know the file path then....
Click start
Run
Command Prompt
enter
you should have a small black window
enter the file path of your library
then Dir, this should bring up your entire lib
then print dir

tell me what happens

Tam

Collapse -
This is the one I use Leo
by bugbug29 / June 3, 2006 6:18 AM PDT

The one I have been using for the past couple of years is called Dir Printing by MajuSoft
it is a small program that is free and easy to use .

You can find it with Google and see a couple of screenshots .
Bug

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.