the toshiba p35-s611
and the hp zd8000
this computer will mainly be used to watch movies, download music, and college school work
i'd also like a high battery life but i know that i'm not likely to get everything i want...
I'm looking for a notebook for college because im going soon,
i have a few preferences...
1. Must have a dvd burner
2. I'd like to have a larger screen (17")
3. i'd like something able to play games on par with sims 2. (my current home pc can't)
4. i'd like something with a good amount of hard drive space (80-100 GB 60 is acceptable too...but i'd prefer the other)
5. i have about 1700 to spend
6. i don't reall know anything about the internet capabilities i need, i have cable internet at home so i might want something that can be wireless if possible i am.
i have no brand loyalty or anything like that
i just want something that'll last me a while...
i was told to get a hp at first then i was told to not even look at a hp and that toshiba was the best around and that dell was horrible, now i'm hearing tosiba is very bad also, so i don't know what to do.
i was planning on going to best buy for help...but from what i've heard on here best buy is a no no.
i don't mind having to customize anything, but i just need a place to start.