Computer Help forum


Can someone help me with my computer resolution problem?

by Userinneed / April 18, 2017 4:14 AM PDT

im having this huge problem where my computer has these pixels like literally covering the screen. green and blue pixels just everywhere and the resolution wont change off of 800x600. someone plz help >_<

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can someone help me with my computer resolution problem?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can someone help me with my computer resolution problem?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Re: resolution problem
by Kees_B Forum moderator / April 18, 2017 4:47 AM PDT

Somehow, this looks like a hardware issue, either with the graphical card, the cable to the monitor or the monitor itself.
Now start changing parts until you found what needs to be replaced.

Collapse -
That looks more like a video card failure.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 18, 2017 10:26 AM PDT

I don't see much story from you but let's see a screen shot of same machine on the BIOS screen.

Collapse -
Resolution Problem
by OSx16 / April 18, 2017 12:44 PM PDT

"resolution wont change off of 800x600"

Install Graphic Card Device Driver, Or Uninstall and Reinstall Driver.

Good Luck.

Popular Forums

Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions


Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!