Question

Can parts for probook 4510 be used in 4520 models?

Hey everyone,

I am looking at buying a 4510 to replace my keyboard, screws and charger on my 4520.

Will the parts be compatible? I've tried googling it to no avail.

Thanks =)

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Can parts for probook 4510 be used in 4520 models?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Can parts for probook 4510 be used in 4520 models?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Here's how I figure this out.

If I can get the service manual for each unit I can compare the FRU part numbers.

But given the price of those parts, why buy a complete 4510? Is it really less than the parts you need?
And what's to say those parts are good in the old thing?
Bob

- Collapse -
Service manuals

Hey there, thanks for the reply.

The laptop is selling cheap because it doesn't have a working mouse pad and the power button isn't working so it's definitely worth it. Buying the new parts add up to be more than what they're asking and I'd have an extra battery handy with it.

As for service manuals I think maybe I've found the right page here for the 4520:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&lang=en&cc=za&docIndexId=64902&taskId=101&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=4145198#4

And the 4510:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&contentType=SupportManual&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3934828

Did I get that right?

Thanks heaps for any advice you can give me =)

- Collapse -
Just what you would do next.

Dive in and find the part number for the parts you want. In service tech terms that's the FRU (google FRU if you need to.)
Bob

CNET Forums