HolidayBuyer's Guide

Office & Productivity Software forum

General discussion

Can not remove Hotmail in "all mail folders" in Outlook 2003

by Sveinuld / December 4, 2008 10:53 AM PST

Hi.

I have read several other issues and suggestions for Outlook 2003 issues regarding Hotmail account in Outlook 2003, but not an answer relating to my problem.

Windows XPS M1330 laptop, Windows XP valid license, XP 2002 service pack 3 installed, Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 - Microsoft professional edition 2003.

Ok, I have deleted the hotmail account through Control Panel, Mail setup, edit or remove email - removed hotmail.
I have deleted the pst files that Hotmail was receiving the mail to.
I have deleted the Adress file associated with the Hotmail adresses.
I have 1 Microsoft exchange server account left in Outlook 2003, which I want to keep, but should not be associated with Hotmail.

when I start Outlook, there is still a Hotmail "folder" under "all mail folder" to the left in outlook "frame". I can not access it, or delete it. When trying to delete it, I get this message:
"The opperation failed, the object could not be found".

Is there any "out there" that would know how to remove Hotmail or help me with this problem?

I just re istalled all software 2 months ago, everything works fine, so I avoid re installing the software again, but I know this is a wat round the problem.

Thanks & Regards
Sveinuld

Norwegian native, so please excuse any spelling errors.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can not remove Hotmail in "all mail folders" in Outlook 2003
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can not remove Hotmail in "all mail folders" in Outlook 2003
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Some options
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / December 4, 2008 8:00 PM PST

Your English is fine, Happy

I don't use Outlook, so I am no expert, but there are a couple of possibilities.

1] You mention Microsoft Exchange server. If this computer is on a network using Microsoft Exchange, are you sure that the .pst file in question is located on your computer? It could be held on the server.

2] If that is not it, have you tried Outlook 2003's Detect and Repair option in the Help menu? Before using this I would backup, (export), all your mail folders first. And have your Office CD handy.

More details and options, perhaps, here;
http://www.smartcomputing.com/editorial/article.asp?article=articles/archive/r0803/27r03/27r03.asp

I hope that helps.

Mark

Collapse -
Can not remove Hotmail in "all mail folders" in Outlook 200
by Sveinuld / December 7, 2008 4:08 AM PST
In reply to: Some options

Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

1, the pst is not on the network.
2, Could not delete the folder with the Detect & Repair.
3, I tried the scanpst.exe, sorry to say, but with no luck.

Its time for re install the office software.

Thanks for helping and answering-

Regards
Sveinung

Collapse -
My guess:
by Kees Bakker / December 7, 2008 4:13 AM PST

reinstalling Office won't help. It's a setting in your Windows account somewhere. If my prediction is right, you've got 3 choices:
1. Clean install of Windows XP (that is, after formatting)
2. Make a new Windows account and use that from now on.
3. Accept the situation. There are worse things than a folder name mentioned somewhere.

Kees

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.