That is, we can always try putting the server's IP into the DMZ.
It all came to my attention recently that i have been unable to host servers for any game for awhile.
A few months ago i was playing co-op Portal 2 until we reached a point where we could no longer connect to each other. I just thought something went wrong and disregarded it. That was only the start.
I have always had my ports forwarded and have been able to host servers perfectly fine for as long as i can remember.
But after a series of annoyances i now understand what is happening.
1) Portal 2: Could not do co-op.
2) Tried to host an Anno 2070 server, friend's connection would time out. Disregarded due to thinking servers had been shut down,
3) Modded Minecraft server, friend's connections failed. Disregarded thinking it may be the mod.
4) Modded Mount and Blade server. Could not connect. Disregarded
5) New game i just bought World in Conflict. Forwarded ports, friends connection timed out. FED UP.
6) Finally experimented with a tried and true server. Tried to host a Mount and Blade Native server. When my friend was unable to connect i knew what was wrong.
For some reason i am no longer able to host ANYTHING. My ports have been forwarded correctly. But when i went onto a Port checker it said they were still blocked. I dont know what has happened and i dont know what to do.
My IPv4 to which the ports are forwarded has stayed the same and has not changed. Everything is how it should be but it does not work. My firewall is allowing access to all of it.
If anyone is able to. please please help