Question

Can Mail work with an msn.com account?

I know an elderly couple that have used an email address that ends in "msn.com" for years. Their old Windows computer is failing so they are purchasing a new iMac. Is there a way to get their msn.com email account to work with the Mail app? I don't think that account supports IMAP and its difficult to reach msn.com support. Would appreciate any assistance.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Can Mail work with an msn.com account?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Can Mail work with an msn.com account?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
I think msn.com does imap.

I'm going to shortchange you here as I would guess you would have already google'd "What are the msn.com IMAP settings?" already.

We know that Outlook.com and the mail app on Windows 8 does not support pop3 so it's a safe bet it does imap.

But I'm a little confused. Why must it be IMAP? I have yet to find any email app so far not do both common systems.

Until Windows 8 that is.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
I just tried setting up a msn mail account in Mac Mail...

I ended up giving up ever getting it to work. I ended using the website instead.

- Collapse -
Answer
Can Mail work with an msn.com account
Cool yas dude u can work with msn.com,its simple to create account and go email box and connected with msn

CNET Forums

Forum Info