General discussion

Can I use LinkScanner alongside a non-AVG antivirus program?

I have installed Microsoft Security Essentials as my antivirus program. But I'd like to use LinkScanner as an add-on, as I like the green tick for safe sites and I really like the idea of screening websites on search engines. (My hard disk was recently wiped by something I probably picked up from an unsafe website.)

The AVG website for LinkScanner says you can install it as an add-on, but in fact it won't install on my computer unless I uninstall MSE.

Is there a solution? Or another good way of screening Google search pages? I would really appreciate some help on this.

I use Windows XP Home 2002, Mozilla 3.6.3.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Can I use LinkScanner alongside a non-AVG antivirus program?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Can I use LinkScanner alongside a non-AVG antivirus program?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Standalone LinkScanner
- Collapse -
Standalone LinkScanner
- Collapse -
Re: Standalone LinkScanner

Hi,

please be informed that this correct situation, because Microsoft Security Essentials is detected as conflict application with AVG Standalone LinkScanner.

Another conflict applications are part of this AVG FAQ (MSE will be soon added):
http://free.avg.com/ww-en/faq.num-2357#num-2357

If you want to use AVG Standalone LinkScanner, please install it before MSE.

Thank you

CNET Forums