Question

Can I swap the motherboard from UE50H5570SS to UE46C6200RS

The question is in the topic headline. I have a Samsung UE46C6200RS TV with a broken mainboard (literally) and I could only find a motherboard from a UE50H5570SS. Would such a procedure be a simple plug & play or I need to flash the firmware etc.?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Can I swap the motherboard from UE50H5570SS to UE46C6200RS
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Can I swap the motherboard from UE50H5570SS to UE46C6200RS
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
The boards must match to the t.

Is it the same board you see offered at shopjimmy.com or samsung? I don't recognize that RS tailing letters so it may be some non US model so back to Samsung to answer. But when you swap boards, it must match every detail and revision.

- Collapse -
What do you mean by "to the t."

I have no previous experience nor have I seen the actual motherboard of the 46". By the way it looks outside I can tell that they have identical positioning of all ports but the 50" model has one USB less and one HDMI less. On the 46" there are two HDMI ports next to the LAN port and on the 50" it's only one. The TV is purchased from Germany.

- Collapse -
To the "t"

The board must match in board part number, board revision number, board update number (or letter.) As this is not an US model I can't use Shopjimmy or Sasmungparts to check it out.

You have the boards so are they identical? If not, then back to Samsung for service.

- Collapse -
I found another model

I found another one. The model of the new "donor" is UE48H6470 (mine is UE48H6410). Specs-wise they are identical. Same functions, same refresh rate etc. The board looks identical with the exact same ports, etc. I'm asking here, because I have to buy the other TV and if it doesn't work I'll have 2 broken TVs at home, one of which has a broken display. Grin

- Collapse -
And I can't tell you. Why?

Because these models are not at the usual samsungparts.com or shopjimmy it's all up to you to look at the boards to see if the samsung part number, revision and jumpers (not all have this) match up.

Wish I had better news.

- Collapse -
Wrong model...

Sorry for the mistake but apparently I've mistaken the model for some reason. The 46" is UE48H6410

- Collapse -
Wrong model...

Sorry for the mistake but apparently I've mistaken the model for some reason. The 46" is UE48H6410

CNET Forums