1. Select the text you want to save.
2. Copy (Edit>Copy or ctrl-C).
3. New document (File>New or ctrl-N).
4. Paste (Edit>Paste or ctrl-V).
5. File>Save or File>Save as
There's no File>Save selection as, so you need to transfer the selection to a new document first.
A friend creates documents in MS Word and saves them as .pdf files for his business purposes which he then emails to clients. He has a need to occasionally only send certain pages of the document to a client. Is there a way to create a new document containing only selected pages of the original doc?