Question

Can I replicate some iPhone features with Android?

I am debating whether to get a new iPhone 5 or Galaxy Note 2 (when it releases.) But I have a few questions.

Are there any reliable apps that let me put my iTunes music, podcasts, and playlists on Android?

One thing I like about Apple is that their apps are checked out before they're put into the marketplace. I'm always leery about Android apps. From what I read, there are more security issues with Android than Apple. True?

Screen sensitivity. It seems to me when I play with Galaxy 3s and iPhone 4s that the apple is more responsive. Is this my imagination? I find my Motorola is definitely less responsive than the iPhone, but it wasn't something I noticed until I began using it day to day?

I love the S Memo on Samsung. Are there Apple apps that work as well?

And that's it! I would appreciate any feedback you can give me.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Can I replicate some iPhone features with Android?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Can I replicate some iPhone features with Android?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
iTunes to Android

Easy Phone Tunes will synchronize your iTunes library from your PC to your Android device. I recently synchronized 6700 songs (approx 26GB) to my Galaxy S3. Note: it will not synchronize protected files.
App is free to transfer files, you need to pay ($0.99) if you want to transfer playlists.

- Collapse -
Answer
(NT) There's always DoubleTwist for that sync.

CNET Forums