Question

Can I Replace The Lithium Ion Battery In A Cheap BT Headset?

Jul 14, 2011 7:23AM PDT

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Can I Replace The Lithium Ion Battery In A Cheap BT Headset?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Can I Replace The Lithium Ion Battery In A Cheap BT Headset?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
What's the risk? And will you accept it?
Jul 14, 2011 7:33AM PDT

Sure why not fix it? Here's the scoop on battieries in such things. Match the TECHNOLOGY!! and be as close as you can to the Volts then you're 98% sure it will be ok.

What's the downside?
Bob

- Collapse -
Please Elaborate
Jul 15, 2011 12:07PM PDT

So all i need to do is just pop in the new battery? Or do i have to solder it in and everything?

- Collapse -
My bet that solder, glue and everything is needed.
Jul 15, 2011 12:58PM PDT

I can also bet there is not step by step pictures at a web site on this.
Bob

- Collapse -
Can I do It without a soldering iron though?
Jul 15, 2011 1:59PM PDT
- Collapse -
I can't know that. But some links.
Jul 15, 2011 2:13PM PDT
- Collapse -
I changed my mind.
Jul 15, 2011 11:45PM PDT

I found a cheap soldering iron for about 5 dollars so i can buy that I guess. So, let's say I have the soldering iron and i have the receiver and i have the battery. How would I go about installing the new battery WITH a soldering iron and glue as you said?

- Collapse -
I can also bet there is not step by step
Jul 16, 2011 12:16AM PDT

I can also bet there is not step by step pictures at a web site on this.

It's a battery, plus to plus, minus to minus. There is no step by step to replace batteries like this so it's all up to your imagination.
Bob

- Collapse -
One more thing
Jul 16, 2011 5:23AM PDT

Before you make a final decision, consider the cost of the replacement Lithium Ion battery vs. the cost of a new headset.

- Collapse -
Thread closed......
Sep 19, 2013 5:07AM PDT

Due to the age of this thread, time to shut this down.

If anybody has any further information or has any more questions, please start a new thread and DO NOT paste internet links as it will be deleted as SPAM.

CNET Forums

Forum Info