General discussion

Can i put this RAM stick kit in this computer????...

i have a basic question that im either too stupid or too lazy to figure out on my own... does anyone know if i would be able to put Patriot Extreme Performance 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory into a CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra 7200 Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 2GB DDR2 500GB NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT Windows Vista Home Premium... if you wanna look at the specs and stuff heres a link:
-- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229003 --

thanks to anyone who can answer this for me... haha its probably a pretty simple question, i wouldnt know though..

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Can i put this RAM stick kit in this computer????...
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Can i put this RAM stick kit in this computer????...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Yup...but don't expect a big jump in performance and

depending on the OS you may or may not see the entire 4GB RAM.

Lots of info available here on CNET re Win XP and the ram limits.

VAPCMD

- Collapse -
Ram

Looks like it would work, except running under the 32bit OS. Total ram would be around 3.25gb. I have a Duel Boot system myself. Windows XP Pro. 32bit, and the Windows XP Pro x64bit, With 6gb of Ram. When I power down to 32bit to run my Spysweeper once a week it shows me 3.25gb. After Spysweeper runs, I go back into x64bit.

CNET Forums