Question

Can I change other import settings?

When I import CD's, the songs break up into several different locations. This happens when The CD has more than one artist (or features another artist in a particlular song.) Is there a way to have it stick together by what the Album is, and not what the particular songs are? So far I've been going in and deleting the "featuring so-and-so" part and just leaving the main artist in each individual song and that clumps them back together, but is there a way for this to just stay together automatically? I hate to think what's going to happen when I have a Various artists CD!

Thanks in advance.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Can I change other import settings?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Can I change other import settings?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
edit...

I see that someone else asked the question and was told to view in by album. When There are these various artists, it still separates the album because the Artist under the album name changes too. So, If I have the artist, and two songs featuring two separate artists, I will have ALBUM BY X, ALBUM BY X-FEATURING Y, AND ALBUM BY X-FEATURING Z. If that makes sense, sorry!!

- Collapse -
Import the tracks and then change the Info tab

to what you believe they should be.

- Collapse -
ty

Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to reply to my question. So, there is no way to have it automatically stick to the CD it came from, then? I never had this problem in Media Player or Zune...when I popped in a CD all of the songs stayed together in that album regardless of who the artist was.

I can deal with it, I was just hoping there was some setting I was overlooking.

- Collapse -
The information displayed in iTunes

is gathered from the Gracenote database.

The way the data is displayed is dependent on the way the viewer configures the view in iTunes.

An album only has one name, usually, so including the Album name in the column view and sorting on that column will display the album as you seem to need it.

P

CNET Forums