TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Can I buy an external anti-judder device for my HDTVs?

by newmdog13 / February 20, 2008 1:00 AM PST

I recently bought a 52" Sharp Aquos LC-52D82U and I couldn't figure out how to make it show movies like the Samsung 5271 on display at Best Buy. I later found out that the Samsung employs anti-judder technology that I believe my TV lacks. I don't feel like returning the TV since it is so big and would require alot of messy financial restructuring on account I bought it with a new Circuit City account and had a bundled Blu Ray player. I was wondering if there is such thing as a device out there that I can buy and pass the video signal through that would provide me with Anti-judder. Anyone know of anything like that or perhaps how I can achieve the same picture quality short of acquiring a new TV?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can I buy an external anti-judder device for my HDTVs?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can I buy an external anti-judder device for my HDTVs?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by stuntman_mike / February 20, 2008 2:16 AM PST

you will have to get one of the LCDs (or the couple of Plasmas and RPTVs) that have 120hz processing.

Samsung, Sony, and Sharp, all make them.

No component does this currently though.

Collapse -
Sharp website says that it is 120hz tv....
by givemeaname / February 20, 2008 4:22 AM PST
In reply to: Sorry...
Collapse -
My thinking on this ..
by ahtoi / February 20, 2008 2:35 AM PST

it's probably an internal circuit design thing so no external device would be available. Just guessing.

Collapse -
not sure
by jostenmeat / February 20, 2008 2:48 AM PST

there are external video processors that may help, but they cost more than your tv.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions


Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!