Resolved Question

Can I burn a DVD and not include the audio

I videoed my son's football game on my brand new Sony HDR-CX260V/B. The mic is extremely sensitive allowing me to pick up conversations all over the stands, many of which are completely inappropriate to include on a burned DVD. It records as a AVCHD video.

Is it possible to burn a DVD and not include the audio? Thanks for any insight you can offer

Discussion is locked
tinapro63 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Follow
Reply to: Can I burn a DVD and not include the audio
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Can I burn a DVD and not include the audio
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

Best Answer

- Collapse -
Absolutely.

You didn't reveal what video editors you use but most allow you to mute the audio. Let's say I was on my Windows PC and had no video editor at all. I could find titles with google like VIRTUAL DUB to strip out just the video and then use DVD FLICK to make a video DVD.
Bob

- Collapse -
Thanks!

The camcorder records in AVCHD. I actually tried VideoPad Video Editor which converts a multitude of file formats. It allows me to mute the audio and place tracks over it or not. I was unable to get virtual dub to respond. Thanks for your input, it at least gave me options of what to look for.

CNET Forums