Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Auto Repair - Roadshow forum


Can anyone tell me what this is?

by joeh79 / February 12, 2018 11:51 PM PST
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can anyone tell me what this is?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can anyone tell me what this is?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
There's a Reddit for identying unknown things.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 13, 2018 7:46 AM PST
Collapse -
by smithjohnson11 / February 14, 2018 1:40 AM PST

No idea about that, you can ask it from JT Automotive service center. They can guide you better.

Collapse -
Just a WAG
by Steven Haninger / February 13, 2018 9:15 AM PST

It appears to be some kind of impeller type pump. That's as far as I can go with it.

Collapse -
2 impeller pumps one each side
by James Denison / February 13, 2018 9:40 PM PST

Most likely is a turbo booster. If it has a pulley that attaches, then a water pump.

Collapse -
by joeh79 / February 13, 2018 11:29 PM PST

so its not even a car part? lmao

Collapse -
Say what?
by Steven Haninger / February 14, 2018 6:03 AM PST
In reply to: ????

Both of those are used on automobiles. You need to clarify your need for help here as your OP makes no sense. You linked to 3 images but said something about them randomly popping up in the house you're in. What does getting a new car have to do with the price of fish as related to the images and whatever is popping up?

Collapse -
Re: Can anyone tell me what this is?
by JustMyselfHere / March 26, 2018 7:06 PM PDT

That is clearly a water pump 100%!

Popular Forums

Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions


Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!