Temporary disable System Restore of Windows.
To disable Windows XP System Restore:
1. Click Start.
2. Right-click on the My Computer icon, and then click Properties.
3. Click the "System Restore" tab.
4. Check "Turn off system restore" or "Turn off system restore on all drives". Click on Apply, etc.
To disable Windows Me System Restore:
1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
2. Double-click the System icon. The System Properties dialog box appears.
NOTE: If the System icon is not visible, click "View all Control Panel options" to display it.
3. Click the Performancetab, and then click ?File System?.
4. Click the Troubleshooting tab, and then check Disable System Restore.
I recently downloaded AVG free, and it highlighted 2 viruses which Norton has never found. I run windows Me.
The virus is called hantana.A. It is located within my C:\_RESTORE\TEMP\ folder and is called A0004964.CPY.
When I right click and click delete, I am not allowed to delete it as "The source file is in use". How do I permanently erase this nuisance? A dopey friend of mine was "allowed" to erase his windows sys.ini file with no problems....screwing up his computer until I gave him a copy of the file.
Thanks in advance for your help, and thatnks for the mailwasher tip Marianna!