Question

Can anyone suggest the best laptop for heavy photoshop?

Can anyone suggest the best laptop for heavy photoshop and corel painter 12 use? With a budget of £500 uk or less.

I am having to replace my current samsung r530 due to constant power problems and it crashing with painter 12. I have only had the damn thing 2 years Sad can anyone suggest a better replacement? i am an artist/designer who travels a lot so, though I know a desktop would offer better spec for the money, its just not doable for me.

I know its asking for tartan paint but is there a laptop out that there will perform well on these heavy duty programs, be sturdy, reliable, light and not cost me more than I currently possess?

All suggestions welcome especially if they come with explanations and links. Thanks in advance!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Can anyone suggest the best laptop for heavy photoshop?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Can anyone suggest the best laptop for heavy photoshop?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
"best"

A strong nod to the Apple models because they have great color control compared to your run of the mill Windows laptop.

If you must go discount, then you'll have to go shopping as I'm not in the UK.
Bob

- Collapse -
thanks...I kind of wish i could afford a decent spec apple

I cant tho...anything that will fit is waaay out of my price range :/

- Collapse -
Then do you can any color calibration?

Such as the Pantone Huey or Spyder? Without it, you could be auto-correct colors badly. You did write "heavy" photoshop so I'm accepting your word that color matters to you.
Bob

CNET Forums