TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Can anyone review the newer JVC HD52G886 HD-iLA?

by johnhunter44 / January 18, 2006 7:43 PM PST

I went to HHgregg here in SC and they really pushed this model, saying JVC has now worked out the kinks. I must admit, this model has a great picture. I have read on various forums that JVC has had many problems with their HD-iLA's and wanted this board's reviews. Can anyone add input? Thanks....

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Can anyone review the newer JVC HD52G886 HD-iLA?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Can anyone review the newer JVC HD52G886 HD-iLA?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
JVC HD52G886 HD-iLA?
by jcrobso / January 19, 2006 2:17 AM PST

Reviews seem to lag a new product by 3~6 months,,bummer.
If your close to Charlot NC go see the Sears TV Guy. He may have it his store.
Ther have been a couple of post about some problems with JVC LCoS sets, to bad, they have a great picture. John

Collapse -
Wonderful picture..
by DizzleCizzle / January 19, 2006 4:57 AM PST

This is actually the very set I plan on purchasing soon, except mine is the 786 (black model).

I can't say anything about how well it works, but I can say that the picture on it is BEAUTIFUL. It definately stood out amongst all the LCD's and DLP's I've seen.

I too would like to know if anyone has had problems with these sets, or if there are any good reviews out there.

Collapse -
Just Got This Set
by benwood7 / January 28, 2006 9:52 PM PST
In reply to: Wonderful picture..

I just bought this set yesterday. I just have regular cable now, the picture is a little better then my old rear projection. Upgrading to digital high def this week. But, my XBOX 360, UNREAL. As my sales rep told me, this set is like having your cake and eating it too. He was right. This is one great TV.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Will others comment on this set?
by johnhunter44 / January 20, 2006 9:22 PM PST
Collapse -
I've seen these HD-ILA and think they.....
by Riverledge / January 21, 2006 5:54 AM PST

ARE excellent. My real problem is all the negative
reviews about JVC's customer service. Sounds very bad. Check it out.

river.

Collapse -
EXACTLY
by DizzleCizzle / January 21, 2006 6:00 AM PST

I agree, River. I've heard pretty good things about the TV's, but awful things about their customer service and how they don't stand by their warranties, on top of having crappy customer service reps.

This has now made me question whether or not I want to risk getting it or not.

Collapse -
I'm very drawn to the (relatively) new Sony SXRD sets......
by Riverledge / January 23, 2006 11:55 AM PST

A tad out my price range right yet; but serious contenders. There is a 50" model that runs about $3300 on sale. (KD-SR50XBR1.) I haven't seen any major
complaints about this set.
SONY isn't the most up-standing customer service company out there, either.
Keep these things in mind, always use a CREDIT CARD, know your vendor, and your state's consumer affair laws. Take look a this this Sony; I think you'll be quite impressed. Good shopping.

river.

Collapse -
Poor customer service
by rdrosd / January 23, 2006 9:28 AM PST

I'm tempted to publish the long letter I wrote to JVC customer service regarding their lack therof, but I will spare you. I'm perfectly happy with the picture quality of this set, but I have two problems with it. The first is that the cooling fan noise is unacceptable, especially considering this is an audio/video device. We're not always watching loud stuff. When I am listening to the news or other "regular" shows at low volume, I can hear the drone of the fans all the way across the room. JVC has no remedy.

I discovered that there is no output signal from the output ports. No digital optical, no s-video and no composite video, nada. Following multiple calls to JVC and an in-home visit from a JVC authorized technician, no one has figured this out. What really ticks me off is the lack of interest on the part of the JVC techys to track down the problem. One of them claimed that he was going to attempt to simulate conditions on a TV in the JVC lab, but he didn't have an optical cable for the hookup. The cable has been on backorder for the past ten days. That's kind of scary. I guess it's too much trouble for him to walk into the local audio store to buy a cable like I did, and it still doesn't prevent him from testing the other outputs. It appears that this may be a problem with all of these units. (please reply to this message if you have info on this) It looks like I will have to depend on the kindness of my retailer to take back the set so that I can get another brand, hopefully from someone with actual customer service.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?