General discussion

Can anyone put the light on IPS Panel technology!

These days display manufacturers are using panel in their display screen whether it's tv screen, laptop, desktop, or know in mobile as well.

I just want to know that there is any key difference between va, tn, ips panel.

A day back I was discussing the same thing from my friend and he told that these days manufacturer are focusing more towards ips panel.

So friends, I would love if you will provide the relevent information about the same...!!!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Can anyone put the light on IPS Panel technology!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Can anyone put the light on IPS Panel technology!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
IPS Panel

Well TN is a panel which is used earlier, these days manufacturers are using tn panel in mobiles only.
if we talk about the VA, then this panel is used by Samsung and Sony.
Panel is fine in terms of performance, but it produces the verticle line that's why the color changes when change comes in viewing position, this you can consider as a drawback of va panel also.
know after VA, IPS come and still performing well!
IPS panel provide the wide viewing angle, the main feature of IPS....performs faster than VA and used in tv screen as well as in PC monitors.

- Collapse -
Can anyone put the light on IPS Panel technology
- Collapse -
link is really good.....

thanku so much your link really me a lot.

- Collapse -
stable touch option.....

Could you please explain the stable touch option.

- Collapse -
stable touch option
- Collapse -
stable touch option

I believe if you checked the link of - "3coursedinner" then your quarry was solved, but still let me explain a little bit....
Stable touch means....if we talk about the VA panel when we touch our finger on screen which consist VA panel the circular waves occur over there on screen and due to which picture starts blurring.

- Collapse -
ips panel...

Yeah i actually got the point the link which "3coursedinner" has post that also very effective. And thanks for description too...!!

- Collapse -
Features of IPS Panel

Features of IPS Panel are:

1. High Brightness
2. Clear Motion Picture
3. Wide Viewing Angle
4. Stable Touch Panel
5. Fast Response Speed etc.

I hope you got an idea about IPS Panels..

- Collapse -

IPS Panel the term stands for In-Plane Switching System..

Its considered to be superior than SG because of its traits like:

High-Brightness..Wide Viewing Angle..Fast Response Speed...etc..

For more information visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPS_panel

- Collapse -
VA & IPS Panel

Hey Friend!

- Collapse -
ips is not only used by 3d tv manufacturers...!!!

VA or IPS is a type of panel used in almost all type of TVs, like LCD, LED, HDTV and 3D TV.

- Collapse -

Nodoubt, I agree with ajay_baswal that IPS is a better option then VA...

CNET Forums