Question

Can anyone help me with PSU ?

Hi cnet community !

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Can anyone help me with PSU ?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Can anyone help me with PSU ?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Checkout...

Offhand, I would think 600W PSU is big enough. HOWEVER, it has proven that having a much larger PSU than required just works better. It will use the wattage it needs with the remaining as reserve. Your GPU is requiring at least a PSU of 450W alone. You can't be too cheap when it comes to the PSU as it is the workhorse of the PC and not appreciated unitl it falters. Plus, if you OC or push the PC into any extremes and the heat build-up isn't cooled well enough will degenerate the PSU and the stable wattage levels drop forcing undesired results. I can leave saying, get the best you can afford and make the PSU the biggest hulking one beyond 600W. Many users are using 700W now. At least check the specs of your new build with the online calculator, it's not that hard to use, it's straight-forward Q&A's

- Collapse -
hmm

the thing is, I tried to use one of those online PSU calculator but I wasn't sure what to put. It was somewhat straight forward, but I still wasn't sure what some parts meant. In the end, it calculated to 700+ watts and I have no idea if what I put in was correct to have it generate so high.

- Collapse -
Answer
Actually

Actually, I might not get that HD. I just realized it was 5400RPM.

- Collapse -
Answer
Fwiw

CNET Forums