Cameras forum

General discussion

Cameras remote control unit from directly behind the camera

Do you know of any camcorders that you can use the remote control unit from directly behind the camera.
I find it hard to believe that this is not being put into camcorders as a normal working feature.
When I am working close up with wild birds,eg, the birds are a few metres from the front of the camera and I am sat frozen a few metres behind the camera, this would make filming them so much easier to zoom in and out by not frightening them away as I try to move around to the working angle of remote control.Or try to slowly move up to camera's zoom button without startling them.
Of course it would be a huge benefit to be able to also start/stop the camera from directly behind.
I have experimented with placing reflective surfaces in front of the camera and it works by bouncining the remote signal back.
But that isn't always practical.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cameras remote control unit from directly behind the camera
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cameras remote control unit from directly behind the camera
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Camcorder

In reply to: Cameras remote control unit from directly behind the camera

Collapse -
thanks for notifying me

In reply to: Camcorder

I thought that i had put it in camcorders.oooooooooops on me

Collapse -
So you want to LANC?

Collapse -
What does LANC mean

In reply to: So you want to LANC?

So you want to LANC?
I have no idea what LANC means

Collapse -
It's a remote control interface.

In reply to: What does LANC mean

Be sure to research more on google or a search engine.
Bob

Collapse -
Post 6 of 6 It's

In reply to: It's a remote control interface.

Be sure to research more on google or a search engine.
Bob

I did and couldn't find what LANC meant,that's why I asked.
And I don't know what a remote control interface is even after I have just googled it.

Collapse -
Here's my google.

In reply to: Post 6 of 6 It's

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=LANC

Yes you get other stuff but in just a few articles you discover it's a standard remote control interface in some camcorders that you can get remote controls to plug into and solve your issue.

In short the remote control plugs into the remote control interface or jack. In this case we want to know about camcorders and LANC since that's a standard.
Bob
Collapse -
Here's my google

In reply to: Here's my google.

Thanks for all your help and patience Bob.I'll get out ov ya letter box.

eeeeeeeeeeeerz cheeeeeeeerz to your earz and ava triffik 2011.

Collapse -
Wireless LANC controller

Only WL1 / WL2 product have a wireless LANC control of Sony, JVC, Canon, Blackmagic (and ALL lanc suported) camera! With this wireless LANC controller can easily manage the camera on the crane, gimbal, drone ... For example, one person can operate the camera and a producer on a chair across the monitor operates controller!
The advantages of this controller are:

-80 Meter range in open space.
-Since Record 1-5 cameras.
-Fast And easy to use.
-Precize Rocker type zoom (multi speed)
-Reverse Direction zoom
-Reverse Direction of focus
-Focusing With zoom rocker
-Focus far
-Focus near
-Focus car
-Focus push
Iris open
Iris close
Iris push
-record star / stop for main channel or all cameras (two or more receivers WL2)
for more read manuals .......

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.