General discussion

camera under $400 for taking my family's pictures

I'm looking for a camera for our family to take great pictures, easy to use, has a video option, & durable too. With kids I need a camera that will take a picture fast so I don't loose the moment I'm trying to capture. I haven't bought a camera in about 5 years, & the last one we had fell apart.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: camera under $400 for taking my family's pictures
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: camera under $400 for taking my family's pictures
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Preferences

What size camera do you have in mind.
Shirt Pocket, pants pocket, jacket pocket, wont fit in a pocket or don't care?

What zoom power are you looking for?

Do you need a camera with manual controls?

- Collapse -
I'm looking at a fujifilm HS10

Thank You!
I'm looking at a Fujifilm HS10. I want something a little bigger than the pocket cameras but not too big.I would like a camera that is auto & I can't mess up too much.

- Collapse -
HS10, the Heinz Ketchup of Super Zoom Cameras

The Fujifilm HS10 is dead slow, according to imaging-resource.com's testing. It exhibits copious amounts of shutter lag, and takes an inordinate amount of time before you can take a second shot. If you want a super zoom camera, look at the Nikon P100 or Sony HX1 for speed (which are still nowhere near a DSLR, shot-to-shot) . Most review sites choose the Panasonic FZ35 as the best all-around.

HS10 review: http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/HS10/HS10A.HTM

FZ35 review: http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/FZ35/FZ35A.HTM

- Collapse -
Thank You

Thank You! I have no idea what I'm doing with cameras. Basically I would like to take pictures of my kids & family & if we go to Disney or do something special like that.

I will look at the 2 reviews that you suggested.

I went to the store & looked at the HS10 & liked the way the buttons & all the controls are placed on it. For me the time between pictures didn't seem too bad.

I will try & go to the store & look at the Nikon P100 & Sony HX1 & Panasonic FZ35 & test them out too.

CNET Forums

Forum Info