General discussion

Camera Question

I want a new camera. I've looked at the Canon 20D and Nikon D50&D70, they look wonderful and great, but the one thing I noticed about them is that I didn't see a lil video button. I take a lot of photos and videos of random things, and I want to video things so I can show others and put it in YouTube. I needs help.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Camera Question
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Camera Question
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
they're too old

Even the newer Canon 50D doesn't have video and you'd have to look at the Nikon D90 for video in that class of camera. Before jumping into DSLR video and thinking it'll be a great choice for youtube videos, you should read this article talking about the great aspects of DSLR video and the very real problems for using it as a camcorder replacement.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/camcorders/cam-cam.shtml

- Collapse -
DSLR for photos and camcorder for videos

You are looking at semi-professional DSLR cameras, they are designed
to take photos, not capture video.
I suggest using a DSLR and a camcorder separately to achieve best
quality.
But if you still want a camera with movie recording mode you can look at
Canon 500D((Digital Rebel T1i):
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos500d/

CNET Forums

Forum Info