General discussion

Camcorder for golf lessons

I need advice on a camcorder that we can use to capture golf swings on our laptop and then integrate these images with teaching program. These images with then be placed on CD/DVD for the student.

It is my understanding that to capture the golf shaft in motion at least 30 frames per second are required.

The camera will be used out doors in various lighting conditions with temperatures ranging from about 40-100 F.

Thank you kindly,

Peter

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Camcorder for golf lessons
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Camcorder for golf lessons
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Almost any miniDV camera will do.

Outdoor lighting is usually bright enough and the temperature range is not too excessive but follow the maker's notes about environment. A feature you may want to look for is a slo-mo or double frame rate so you can get over 30 fps. I won't correct you on the exact FPS of NTSC recording since you can look that up.

You may have asked "How do I make such a DVD?" but such is not clear so I'll pass on that one.

Bob

- Collapse -
Correct away!

Bob,

Don't be afraid to give me the correct info, as I am here to learn.

Regards,

Peter

- Collapse -
Full details at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC

It's 29.97 FPS but I think it's so close that you may call it 30. There was a technical committee I was on and we don't get such latitude there.

Bob
- Collapse -
Larimer, homemade video of your swing form is only the first

part of a solution. Knowing how to identify & fine tune a swing is a factor present. I was glad I did pay for such a service with advice from a pro, once upon a time on vacation. For anyone with an interest in golf, I'd call the experience a reasonably priced service & I do recommend it.

- Collapse -
LAR GIVE UP GOLF AND BUY A RACE CAR HA HA

Iam with George Carlin. they should make golf courses into dragstrips. I watched golf in hi-def once for about 2 minutes all I could see was the grass growing and that dam bird chripping. But my roomate drowles over golf I did caddy once when I was a young lad Pulled that pole out of the cup and stuck it in the grass next to that cuppie thing that was the end of that job. Just kidding you I lost at poker today and I have to take my meanness out on someone.Ok I will take my beer and smokes and go eleswhere stewee

- Collapse -
I already did!

Actually, I used to race Formula Fords! It sure was easier than golf. There was this one time in turn 7 at Road America, but that is another story. Skippy still lives but I have evolved into a safer sport....maybe.

Peter

- Collapse -
LAR HOW COOL I RACED TO

Back in 1962 I had a 59 Plymouth Sports Fury with the 361 c.i. 305 h.p. motor I ran D.S.X and held the n.h.r.a record for 3 years in a row 102m.p.h in the high 12 Gee and I thought all golfers were squares great luck to you / in closing dont stop and just buy a camera blow your entire life savings on a home theater system THATS WHAT I DID AFTER I RETIRED now i'am in heven doggie huge couch for my fat *** and an I-max size t.v stewee

CNET Forums

Forum Info