Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Callwave - Watch Out

I downloaded Callwave Software but before it can be used you have to call your local phone company to have your busy signal forwarded to Callwave. I NEVER CALLED MY LOCAL PHONE COMPANY TO FORWARD! I then recieved long distance charges on my phone bill through a Callwave service and the bill did not list the phone numbers - just the charges. There is only one conclusion - this service will scam you and charge you for numbers that don't exist. Just to remind you, I never called my local phone company to forward calls but got charged for calls that did not exist - watch out on this one. Filing complaint with local phone company as well as my New York State Attorney Generals Office!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Callwave - Watch Out
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Callwave - Watch Out
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thanks for the heads up! Nasty bit of work!!

In reply to: Callwave - Watch Out

Collapse -
re:

I have had CallWave for years and have never had to call my phone Co. or have I been charged any LD service... But what might be happening here is if you hit the button to take the call when one comes in... you will be charged for each of these calls.

Collapse -
Keep us posted

In reply to: re:

I am sure a lot of us would like to follow this through to conclusion with you.

Collapse -
No problem with Callwave

My experience with about a year's use of Callwave is that it is reasonably priced and very useful.

Collapse -
No problem here...

In reply to: No problem with Callwave

Used CallWave for at least four years. My service did require "Busy call forwarding activation" with my local telephone company which I did. Absolutely no other problems.

I have just recently discontinued CallWave and instead am using BellSouth Internet Call Waiting service for about half the monthly cost. Price was the reason for change.

Glenn

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!