Mac Applications forum

General discussion

Calling all Illustrator masters

by monkeymac / November 9, 2005 5:53 PM PST

Having recently discovering this site and getting some good advise is there anyone out there who is literate with Illustrator CS. Have used photoshop to the death and having been using Illustrator for about a year. Have had no training but have managed to get to a level which is ok, but it would be good to find someone who could advise me in the future.

Monkeymac

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Calling all Illustrator masters
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Calling all Illustrator masters
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Adobe Illustrator 10CS
by taboma / November 10, 2005 2:31 PM PST

monkeymac, Start with your tutorial that came with AI10CS. The tutorials are a good place to start or review.
One other idea is to team up with a professional and have them guide you through it. Any friends that use Illustrator that could give you the basics from a professional point of view? Hands-on is the best!

If you go to Apple.com, there are countless tutorials on their site free to download.
Here on CNET there is the Graphics Forum where all sorts of graphic apps are discussed.
About.com has newsletters sent out to graphic interests as well as their forum. Pretty good site and knowledge on just about anything you could possibly imagine.

Off Subject: I will be in Manchester airport this Thanksgiving day on my way to Istanbul, Turkey.
I have a 2-1/2 hour layover there. Any decent English ales or beers there at the airport? Smoking or non-smoking pubs there? Smoking areas at Manchester airport? Let me know please.

-Kevin

Collapse -
Turkey in Turkey, Kevin ?
by grimgraphix / November 11, 2005 1:51 AM PST
In reply to: Adobe Illustrator 10CS

Take pictures of Hagia Sophia for us... always wanted to see it for myself but doubt I'll make it before an earth quake knocks it down the way things are going over there.

Safe trip in these dangerous times.

grim

PS... My college class in adobe InDesign uses a text book from Chris Botello called "Adobe InDesign CS - Design Professional" from a company called Thomson - Course Technology. They also produce textbooks for the other adobe products as well, including Illustrator. It starts out very basic but soon covers some rather advanced concepts. The isbn # is 0-619-18845-6 for my textbook. You might try looking up the rest of the series as I've been pretty happy with this one.

Collapse -
Turkey again
by taboma / November 11, 2005 5:18 PM PST

Grim, Thanks for your post. Good luck with InDesign by the way. Would be interesting to take a course from you!

OFF SUBJECT:
Yes, I will be in Turkey this Thanksgiving while staying in Ismir. My son is getting married to a young Turkish girl who happens to be an interpretor for the U.S.A.F.
My son is a Captain in the U.S.A.F. stationed in Izmir for the last two years.
The wedding is Nov. 26th.
We will be also staying in Istanbul after the wedding for three days before returning to the U.S.
My wife wants to go shopping again in Istanbul.
Leave it to the women to go shopping! Again!

Hagia Sophia is where we visited this past May. Kind of an unbelieveable structure that was a Christian Church. The Turkish Government turned it into a musium and is funding the restoration work for this World treasure. The structure and frescos are really amazing to personnaly view.
I have a lot of photos of Sophia that are very good. Ome in particular is outstanding with a view from the Blue Mosqe fountain towards Sophia. (My best digital photo with an S400 Canon.)
Directly across from Sophia is the Blue Mosqe. Another wild structure that is simply amazing. Topkapki Treasury is there also.
Remember the movie Topkapki with Dustan Hoffman?
The daggar and the jewel they tried to steal?
Both are on display at the Topkapki Palace Treasury as well as other items worth zillions of dollars. Simply awesome to view. Unbelievable!

As far as the eathquakes in that region? Could be a problem it seems world-wide.

Turky seems to be a fairly safe place right now. No Alkeida problems in the area. Radical Kurds and fundamentilists, YES!
What a shame.
We were in the exact same spot in Cesmir and Kusadasi this past May where there were bombings in early July that caused a lot of deaths.
The people that cause these deaths are criminals. Not a holy crusade. Just ignorent radicals.

Grim, I can send you a CD of the places we visited if you are interested. My photography is good. Interior of Sophia with no flash on. Adjusted slightly with Adobe Photoshop with levels. Some slight curves adjusted.

I will be taking additional photos with my new Canon SD500 Digital Elph this month and compare the results. SD500 has a higher MGPL range. I also have a 1GB SD card for it. That should last for my weeks trip and than some.

-Kevin Smith

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?