Computer Help forum

General discussion

Call of Duty tech issue need help!

I just got a new computer and when I installed Call of Duty, everything was fine. I started the game and went through the cinematics and when I got to the main menu nothing was there.

I could see the knife and Thompson Submachine Gun but nothing else. No wording or anything. I could click on the options but I could not see anything. I tried to guess where the new game option was and I found it. I started the game and the diary of the soldier popped up and it loaded then crashed to the games main menu and said something i couldnt see. I tried multiplayer but it just crashed and said Fatal Error.

So i cant see anything and if I try to start a game by guessing where the stuff is it crashes. It makes no sense! I could play it on my old computer with these specs:

Pentium 3 1.0 GHZ

256 MB RAM

Nvidia FX5200 128 MB

My new system has these specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+

1024 MB RAM

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256-bit 128 MB

At first I thought maybe the old video in my new computer couldn't handle it: Nvidia MX 440 128 MB, but when I put my (800pro it did the same thing. So if anyone could help me fix this and let me play CoD, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Call of Duty tech issue need help!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Call of Duty tech issue need help!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Call of Duty tech issue need help!

In reply to: Call of Duty tech issue need help!

wondering about the motherboard since this is a new system. Any possibility that you have on=board video that has never been disabled causing you to have two video adapters/cards loading at the same time? Check your motherboard manual to see if that's the case, and if so, go into the bios and disable the on-board card, save and exit.

You don't say who built the system for you, but if it's custom build or home build, perhaps the RAM is defective? Any tweaking done regarding overclocking the CPU or the video card? If so, tweak it back a notch or two.

TONI

Collapse -

In reply to: Call of Duty tech issue need help!

Just a WAG.

Is there a chance that the new machine does not have the proper mobo drivers install?

Is there a chance that with the flipping around of vid cards the proper vid driver is not installed?

Is it just this one game that fails? or do you have other things that fail?

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: Call of Duty tech issue need help!

Its only this game.

Collapse -
Its a new machine. Not ready for game.

Here's why. Your new machine is likely just a plain install of the OS, maybe the drivers from the supplied CDs. It will not have the latest BIOS, nor the latest drivers for motherboard, video, audio and more.

You should pester the supplier why they make you work so hard.

Bob

Collapse -
Ya what R.P. said

Isn't it annoying to spend 1500 bucks on a machine and then find that you have to spend multi hours upgrading products so the machine will run.

And if you don't know what your doing the first time you hit the net to get the updates you'll last about 20 seconds before your toast.

Geez are we having fun yet.....

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.